Bicycle Repair Shop
BikeWorks is a full service repair shop offering professional service at reasonable and affordable rates. As a shop, we have a combined 30 years experience working on everything from your old ten speed to your new carbon road bike. We believe in offering good, thorough and friendly service to everyone regardless of their experience or knowledge of bikes.
A basic list of some of our labor rates are as follows:
- Hourly labor rate: $45
- Full bicycle tune up: $75
- The full tune up includes adjustment of hubs, bottom bracket, brakes, shifting, headset, truing both wheels, installation of any parts needed, and a basic cleaning.
- The overhaul: $130
- This is the next step up from the Full tune up. It includes fully overhauling the hubs, bottom bracket, headset, soaking and cleaning the front and rear derrailleurs, chain and chain rings, and a thorough cleaning. It will make your bike feel better than it has in years!
- Flat Repair: $6 labor for most bikes, $10 labor for three speed, $15 labor for Nexus hub
- Wheel truing: $5 to $15
- Spoke replacement: $20
- Brake pad replacement: caliper $10 to $15, Cantilever $15, V-brake $10 - $15, Disc $15
- Derrailleur cable replacement: $15 to $20
- Fender Installation: $20
These are just a few of our rates. If you have specific questions, please feel free to call us or better yet, swing by the shop and we can give you an accurate estimate.
Also, something we have become known for is our UPRIGHT CONVERSION! It is where we take a bike with drop bars and put upright handlebars on it to make the rider more comfortable and relaxed. If you are feeling like you are too bent over, are having neck, shoulder or wrist issues, this is something you might want to consider. Below are pictures of an old Mixtie frame converted from drop bars to upright bars. Labor cost: $45, Parts cost: $30